At Simply Fit Boilers we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Simply Fit Home Solutions t/a Simply Fit Boilers takes the privacy of personal data seriously and the legal and compliant treatment of this data is at the core of our operations.
We therefore ask you to please read the following important information which explains how we collect, store and use your personal data.
We update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
1. Who are we?
Simply Fit Boilers is a Home Improvement business offering heating and hot water upgrades to our customers.
Simply Fit Home Solutions t/a Simply Fit Boilers (Company No. 12263452) has its registered office at 188 Catherine Way, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 8RD
2. What do we mean by Personal Data?
By personal data (or personal information), we mean information that relates to you and is used to identify you, either directly or in conjunction with other material we hold.
3. How do we collect information from you?
We collect personal information about you as and when you consent to us doing so by signing our Data Consent forms, or by indicating consent on our online forms. We gather your consent in writing before entering business relations with you.
4. What type of information do we collect?
The information we collect may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
We may also ask for evidence of your identity, for example your passport, driving license, proof of residence or income.
5. Why do we collect information from you?
We use your personal information for the following:
- Provision of advice and services or to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested from us.
- To comply with legislation in relation to anti money laundering regulations and the Financial Services Act.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
Any personal information we collect, record, or use in any way, be it on computer, hard copy or in any other form, is secured through our safeguarding processes to ensure that we meet our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation enforceable from 25th May 2018.
7. What are your rights surrounding your personal information?
The GDPR enhances your rights surrounding your personal data. This includes:
- The right of access – you have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold on you. This will be provided in a structured format, free of charge, within 30 days of your request. Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, to any of the contact details of our Data Protection Officer provided below.
- Mail: Data Protection Officer, 188 Catherine Way, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 8RD
- Tel: 01925 877 457
- Email: email@example.com
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request us to rectify any of your personal data
which you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request for rectification is complex). Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, to any of our contact details provided above.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request ‘to be forgotten’, i.e. for us to delete all records of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your personal data, in which case we will inform you of the reason we are unable to complete your request. Some information is required of us by law for accounting and invoicing purposes post order processing, so must be retained in some form, but all information handling complies with the GDPR act 2018.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data – in this case we will retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability – you may request a copy of your personal data, in order to use it for your own purposes across different services, e.g. moving it from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way. We will provide the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, e.g. CSV files. This will be provided free of charge and within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request is complex).
- The right to object – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and historical or statistical purposes, and we will respect this request as soon as we receive it (by post / email / phone, details of which are provided above).
- The right to complain: If you wish to request further information about any of the above rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your information, contact the Data Protection Officer (see section 7.2 for contact details). If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ 0303 123 1113.
8. Who do we share your personal information with?
We do not share your personal data with anyone external to: Our manufacturer partners; Viessmann, Alpha, Worcester, Adey, Hive, Nest, Salus.
Only when registering warranties with manufacturers do we register the residential details of the homeowner against the installed products serial number. This is done post installation with the consent of the customer and is always registered direct to the manufacturer (not via a 3rd party)
9. Updates to this Policy
This policy was updated in August 2020.
10. Payment information: Card Payments
When you make a boiler purchase through Simply Fit and make payment in full through debit or credit card, this transaction is processed and secured through our third party payment partner; Stripe. Simply Fit will never store any of your card details in their entirety. In some instances, for purposes of verification with Stripe – we may store some encrypted remnants of your card details, for instance; the final 4 digits from your card. You can find out more about the privacy and security of Stripe here – https://stripe.com/gb/privacy.
With the interest of payment protection and security against card fraud, we may contact you to request ownership of the payment card. We will never request the full 16 digit card number, but will rather request the card holder’s name, the final 4 digits and one form of proof of billing address.
Payment Information: PayPal payments
11. Photographs of your current heating system
After completing your purchase for a new boiler through Simply Fit, we require you to provide us with photographs of your current boiler and other parts and components of your current heating system. These photographs are necessary for us to ensure that the details you provided us with about your home and heating system are as accurate as possible as this will affect the accuracy of your quote and potentially our ability to carry out the installation. The engineer that carries out your installation will also be required to take a number of photographs detailing the completed works.
12. Information sharing
Simply Fit has the utmost respect for the care of our customers’ data and only shares your data for legitimate and necessary purposes. We will never share or sell your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Simply Fit will provide your contact details to the engineer scheduled to carry out your new boiler installation so they’re able to converse with you about arrival times, potential delays/problems etc. Your information is not passed outside the company bounds and will only be used when absolutely necessary during the process of fulfilling an order.
If you request information or a phone call from one of our engineers, or request a home survey, you are consenting to your information being passed onto them to provide you with that service.
As part of our service agreement post installation we request the right to contact the customer regarding an annual comprehensive boiler service (due every 12 months). This is always confirmed verbally on completion of a job, but is done as part of our customer service policy. You can refuse this form of contact at any point via email / telephone / post (outlined in 7.2 above)
You should be aware that your data will be shared with the below listed partners; regulatory bodies:
What we share: Payment information is securely shared with Stripe in order to facilitate payments made through debit or credit card.
What we share: Payment information is securely shared with PayPal in order to facilitate payments made through their system.
Regulatory body: Gas Safe
What we share: Information will be shared with Gas Safe as they’re the legal regulating body for gas boiler installations completed in the UK.
Company: Boiler Manufacturers
What we share: We share information with the manufacturer of your chosen boiler in order to register and validate your manufacturer warranty/guarantee.
For information on any of the listed companies own privacy policies/terms and conditions, you will need to contact them directly. In most cases, copies of these documents will be publicly available on their websites.
Outside of this, some technical information such as cookies and IP address details may be shared with some of our service providers. More details of this are below but you will need to address these providers directly for comprehensive details. Outside of this, your information will only ever be shared either with your explicit permission or if we’re required to do so in any instance, by law.
13. IT & Communication data collection and use
We collect your IP address to uniquely identify you as a user, this is for our security reasons and to enhance your user experience. We also use your IP Address to restrict access to Simply Fit if there’s a breach to our Terms & Conditions.
- Google Analytical Cookies: You can read more about the cookies Google generates from their website.
- Intercom: Live chat software, you can learn more about Intercom on their website.
- Facebook: Re-marketing
- Google AdWords: Re-marketing
A single session cookie is generated by default to detect whether you are logged in or not and log you out when you’re inactive. Simply Fit relies on cookies to function properly and securely, if you do not have cookies enabled on your browser you will not be able to generate quotes, as the information stored during the logical question process is required to generate your boiler packages.